Monday, August 11, 2014

Sointulan abundance

After a week I am noticing the benefits of a lack of distraction. There is no excuse not to get some work done. Of course, I go out for my kayak paddles and walks and even meet people and have tea or dinner. This afternoon, after a productive morning, I walked down to Heather's. Her house in on the beach, and the kayak I am using is in her back yard The tide was so high went I got there that all I had to do, beside hoisting the boat over a huge log, was throw it in the water and get in. It was another beautiful day on the water. The Sointulans seems somewhat superstitious about the weather. You get the feeling they think they have it too good.Well, they are Scandinavians, sort of.


Yesterday Sue and her husband brought by some salmon they had just caught (and, fortunately for me, fileted). And this morning my neighbor Wendy cut the sunflowers and chard from her own garden and gave me the plums as well from a friend's garden. Sointulans, she said, like to share their abundance.

No comments: