Monday, May 26, 2014

In memorium


Clearly I have been lazy about posting lately. This is a hard day for me, Memorial Day, since Rick and I always went to the Soldiers and Sailors Monument, just a block away from our apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side, for the day's festivities. The mayor and the local council member officiate; there are lots of vets present as well as a notable speaker who enlightens us about the occasion. The last time we went was three months before Rick was diagnosed, and I wrote a post about the event, when the Lincoln historian Harold Holzer spoke. This morning I can hear the bagpipers playing at the Monument, but I have never been able to go back on Memorial Day. Instead, let me post this lovely photo, by "Miss Francie Pants," which was posted today on one my favorite food blogs: the Pioneer Woman.

No comments: